Advocacy is an important part of the Brain Injury Association of New York State’s mission. On the state level, BIANYS continues to fight for the rights and support of our community. BIANYS need your help to make the voice of brain injury heard.
“Thank you everyone in the brain injury community that attended 2023 Advocacy Day. It was so nice to be back in person and the energy was electric. We had many meeting with legislators, and were able to tell personal stories and express the need for the continuum of care for resource facilitation. Thank you to everyone for showing support.”
Christina LeBeau, BIANYS Director of Advocacy and Engagement
The powerful voice of brain injury was heard across The Well from speakers throughout the morning’s program, including:
- Assemblymember Aileen Gunther
- Assemblymember Nader Sayegh
- Senator John Mannion
- Senator Brad Hoylman-Sigal
- Kara Moran, Brain Injury Survivor
- Dr. Brian Im, Director of the Brain Injury Program at NYU Langone
- Various participants from Living Resources Day program, including Sara Orleanski, Andrew Reynolds and Susan Scheerbarth
Thank you to those that tabled at the event, Consumer Directed Choices in Albany, Golisano Restorative Neurology & Rehabilitation Center in Rochester, and The Social Brain out of Long Island.
Questions? Contact Christina LeBeau, Director of Advocacy & Engagement at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 459-7911.