Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainers (CBIST) offer CBIS Review classes and exams in accordance with the Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists (ACBIS)
- This class is specifically designed to help review material for the certification examination and to strengthen the network of dedicated, competent brain injury specialists across NYS.
- Six weeks prior to the class, enrollees will be given weekly study tips and detailed home study information that corresponds with the chapters in the Essential Brain Injury Study Guide.
- The CBIS and CBIST certifications are developed and administrated through the Brain Injury Association of America. The requirement to sit for the exam is a high school education and 500 hours of paid work experience working with brain injury. To view all requirements, visit the ACBIS website.
- BIANYS offers one class annually in Albany prior to the June conference. There are 3 other times per year where we offer review classes and exams at designated host locations.
- There is a cost associated with registration in the CBIS Review and Exam.
BIANYS offers CBIS training courses, culminating in a review class on throughout the year.
Please contact Karen Thomas at (518) 459-7911 or via email for more information about CBIS and other training programs.