Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainers (CBIST) offer CBIS Review classes and exams in accordance with the Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists (ACBIS).
- This class is specifically designed to help you review material for the certification examination and to strengthen the network of dedicated, competent brain injury specialists across New York State.
- Six weeks prior to the class, participants will be given weekly study tips and detailed home study information that corresponds with the chapters in the Essential Brain Injury Study Guide.
CLICK HERE for pricing and more information.
The CBIS and CBIST certifications are developed and administrated through the Brain Injury Association of America.
- Applicants must have had 500 hours of currently verifiable direct contact experience with people with brain injury. Experience can be paid employment and/or academic internship.
- Qualifying experience must include formal supervision or have been conducted while the applicant operated under a professional license.
- Volunteer work and other personal experience does not qualify.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
To view all requirements, visit the ACBIS website.
Registrants are required to bring a laptop with wireless internet capabilities to the training.
The next CBIS training course is scheduled for June 4, 2019 in Saratoga Springs, NY. Contact Karen Thomas at (518) 459-7911 or KThomas@bianys.org for more information about CBIS and other training programs.