The Brain Injury Association of New York State (BIANYS) remains vigilant in doing their part to keep all attendees of our in-person events and programs safe from COVID-19. BIANYS also complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations concerning in-person attendance at events and programs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Effective immediately, only individuals, including staff, exhibitors, guests, and speakers, who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 will be permitted to attend official BIANYS in-person events and/or programs unless you have a valid medical exemption.
Medical exemption (documentation is required within 2 weeks of the event) and has been approved for an accommodation by BIANYS before entering the event. Anyone obtaining an accommodation will be required to wear a face mask and may be subject to other accommodation requirements as well such as social distancing.
If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical reason and wish to attend the following BIANYS event or program in-person, please contact the following person:
- Support Groups and Chapters: Tory Chalmers
- Annual conference: Michelle Kellen
- March on for Brain Injury: Karen Thomas
- All other events: Eileen Reardon
Definition of Fully Vaccinated
For purposes of right of entry to any BIANYS in-person event or program, a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after having had:
- single dose vaccination, such as Johnson & Johnson’s or Janssen vaccination
- the second of a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
Please note that eligible boosters are encouraged, but not required.
Proof of Vaccination and proof of Identity
Proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with an FDA- or WHO-authorized vaccine must provide one of the following forms of proof to BIANYS before entering an in-person event or program:
- Excelsior Pass (encouraged);
- CDC Vaccination Card (photo, screenshot or copy);
- NYC Vaccination Record; or
- other official immunization record from your healthcare provider (NYC Covid Safe App and Clear Health Pass are also acceptable)
In addition, anyone 18 years of age or older may be asked to provide, before being permitted to attend, proof of identification. Such proof of identification must contain the individual’s name and photograph or the individual’s name and date of birth. Proof of identification will be compared with the information on the vaccination proof provided. Acceptable proof of identification includes: a State issued driver’s license, a passport, a non-driver government-issued ID, school or work IDs.
Event Entry Requirement*
There are two ways that each attendee will satisfy BIANYS’ entry requirement:
- Submitting proof vaccination at least 48 hours prior to attending the BIANYS’ event or program and then complete the entry process at the in-person event or program.
- Provide proof of vaccination at the event or program registration before entry.
*Please note that in addition to proof of vaccination, you may be asked for proof of identification.
Individuals who do not satisfy these requirements will not be allowed entry to a BIANYS in-person events or program and will not be refunded for any attendance or registration fees.
A poster reminding prospective attendees of these requirements will be posted at the door.
Be aware that requirements may change quickly, impacting our event and/or program. If COVID-19 transmission rates increase within the local community, or in response to local, state, or federal guidelines or requirements, any changes to the event and/or guidelines will be communicated to all attendees and posted on the BIANYS website at www.bianys.org. We encourage you to frequent our site to review any changes.
For any questions or concerns, contact BIANYS at email@example.com or call the office at (518) 459-7911.