The Family Advocacy Counseling and Training Services Program (FACTS)
If you or a member of your family sustained a brain injury prior to the age of 22 and you live in New York State, a FACTS Coordinator can help you!
Funded by the Office for People with Development Disabilities (OPWDD), the FACTS Program is a state-wide support program for families and individuals who sustained a brain injury prior to age 22. FACTS Coordinators are employees of the Brain Injury Association of NYS and are located in each region of the State.
Listed below are some of the ways coordinators can assist and support your family:
- Helping you to understand and navigate the current system of services available in NYS
- Linking you with rehabilitation services in your community and throughout the state
- Helping you access NYS Medicaid Waiver Programs if qualified
- Training members of your family, service providers, and educators to understand the impact of brain injury and brain injury prevention
- Connecting you to community support groups about living with a brain injury or caring for an individual with a brain injury
- Offering you support with your school system’s special education process
If you are interested in receiving free FACTS services, please contact the FACTS Coordinator in your county.
If you have questions about the FACTS Program, please contact Karen Thomas, Director of Family Services, at (518) 459-7911, 1-800-444-6443, via email, or through the Contact Us page.