Protect Access to Care for Individuals with Brain Injury!
The American Health Care Act (AHCA) is Bad Policy. Call your Representative TODAY and say, “Vote NO on the AHCA!”
Call the Capitol Switchboard (202) 224-3121 and ask to be connected to your Member of Congress.
- At a time when Americans are concerned about health care being too expensive, the AHCA raises premiums 20 percent, charges people over the age of 50 five times more than younger enrollees and increases out-of-pocket costs and deductibles while leaving 24 million more people uninsured.
- The changes made yesterday to Essential Health Benefits make coverage worse for almost everybody.
- It effectively eliminates annual out-of-pocket caps and reinstates annual and lifetime coverage limits.
- It guts protections for preexisting conditions, because most insurance policies won’t include coverage for essential benefits, like rehabilitation, resulting in soaring costs for those who need them.
- Medicaid cuts and changes to health insurance rules will dramatically limit access for individuals living with brain injury.