Why is my advocacy needed now?
The Legislature and Executive will be agreeing on a State Budget this week. Both the Senate and the Assembly have budget proposals related to the transition that recognize that the population is not ready to be transitioned and much more work needs to be done. The fate of the transition will be determined today or tomorrow.
We need YOUR help! Contact Assembly leaders and ask them to protect TBI/NHTD Waiver population and delay the transition until 2020!
ACTION ALERT: Call today!
- Assembly Speaker Carl E. Heastie – 518-455-3791
- Assemblyman Joseph D. Morelle – 518-455-5373
- Assemblyman Richard Gottfried – 518-455-4941
What’s the message
- I am a person with a brain injury or I am a family member of someone with a brain injury or I am a professional in the brain injury field.
- Talk about your experience with the TBI/NHTD Waiver program, and your concerns about the lack of an adequate transition plan. Be specific. The transition plan is outdated, the issues have not been resolved, the UAS is not an appropriate tool, Community First Choice Option may not even be an option.
- Ask the Assemblymember to support the legislative budget proposal to protect these populations and to support delaying the transition for April 2020, which will provide additional time to ensure development of a thorough transition plan. This will also provide the time needed to understand how changes at the Federal level will impact one of New York’s most vulnerable population’s when they are transitioned into a new delivery system.